The Chamber hosts our own special events for the benefit of our members. These are:
- The Annual Charlemagne Awards dinner is held every winter. This classic event highlights the best in the community with awards for civic and humanitarian efforts and community improvements to business. The final award of the evening is the “Charlemagne Award” given to a resident of St. Charles who has an extended and continuing history of voluntary service to the community.
Our Business-to-Business Expo is held every spring and is the largest networking business expo in the Fox Valley. It is co-sponsored with 8 other Chambers and has over 170 booths of exhibitors. Admission is free with your business card.
The Paddleboat Mixer is held during the Month of June and provides a casual evening of networking along the Fox River and aboard both of the paddleboats that cruise daily. Members are invited to participate as sponsors and promote their particular business or attend as a guest and take an evening cruise on the river, network with a large variety of chamber businesses and enjoy great food and drink. Our sponsors provide everyone who attends the opportunity to win great prizes. This one of a kind event is always well attended and lots of fun. Sponsorship forms will be available to download approximately six weeks prior to the event.
- The Annual Golf Outing is an all-day event and offers brunch, golf, dinner a silent and live auction, and surprises at almost every hole. The day features a shot-gun start, 19th Hole Cocktail Party, Dinner, a silent auction and grand raffle. This annual fundraising event is truly spectacular!
St. Charles is home to several community events.
- The Fine Art Show is an award-winning, highly regarded show features the work of 100 juried artists in various mediums including watercolor, oil, sculpture, photography, jewelry, ceramics, fiber, wood, and glass, which are exhibited and available for sale during the event.
- The Pride of the Fox Riverfest, held every June features a juried craft show, Dragon Boat races, musical entertainment on two stages sand sculptures, food and more.
- The monthly Kane County Flea Market, held at the Kane County Fairgrounds, attracts people from all over the Midwest. The venue boasts quality vintage items, including small furniture, lamps, kitchenware, pictures, pottery, toys, collectibles, gift items, and much more.
- The Kane County Fair held in July is an old fashioned county fair with a carnival, entertainment and more.
- The Scarecrow Festival held in October is a nationally known event celebrating the autumn season. More than 100 hand-crafted scarecrows are on display in our historic downtown. Festivities include live music, a carnival, family entertainment, free children’s activities, food, and over 200 artisans in the art & craft show.
- The Electric Holiday Light Parade and Holiday Homecoming is held the last weekend in November. It is a weekend of yuletide activities, in-store specials, free horse-drawn sleigh rides, carolers and more. A fully illuminated parade with bands, floats and more takes over our Main Street to start the holiday season. This is truly a parade that can’t be missed!
These events give community members many opportunities to volunteer and get involved in their hometown.